Scientific Poster Competition
What is this competition?
The Scientific Poster Competition gives you with the opportunity to present your latest research, on-going projects, or innovative work at the 2022 edition of Africa Health. Posters provide delegates, visitors, and participants the opportunity to connect and engage with your work. It is also a great opportunity to get your work published and stand the chance to win a prize.
This year's theme will be: Re-thinking sustainable health in Africa. The categories for the entries are listed below.
- Innovation & transformation in healthcare
- Quality Management & Patient Safety
- Laboratory MedicineInfection Control
- Women’s Health
- Public Health
How can I participate?
To participate in the competition, you can simply submit an abstract of your work as per the below guidelines before Friday 15 July 2022 and our team will get back to you if your abstract is selected.
Please submit an abstract using the following guidelines:
- should include introduction, objectives, and conclusion
- should have a maximum of 300 words (excluding spaces), font size 11, Arial (font type)
- can include 1 figure or table only
- should be as specific as possible about the material you will cover on your poster
- should not be too shot or vague otherwise it will be considered incomplete
NB: Abstracts that are too short or vague will be considered incomplete
Phase 1 - Submit your abstract!
- Out of all abstract entries, our Judges will select the top 30
- The authors will then be asked to submit a designed poster – we will provide the template.
Phase 2 - Present your poster at Africa Health 2022
- The top 30 posters will be displayed at the event and on our website.
- Onsite, our judges will go through all 30 posters and select the top 5
- The authors of these 5 will then present them to the Judging Committee and audience in the Poster Zone at a dedicated time
- The judges will select the ultimate winner along with 2 runners-up
Phase 3 –Win!
- This ultimate winner will be the recipient of an all-expenses-paid trip to Dubai, UAE where he or she will take part in the Arab Health Congress / MEDLAB Middle East/ Patient Safety Congress.
- All the Top 30 Poster Authors will receive a congratulatory certificate and their work will be published on our website and at the event
What are the deadlines?
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday 15 July 2022
- Poster submission deadline: Friday 23 September 2022
- Announcing of the winner: Friday 28 October 2022
Please email us here, if you encounter any issues uploading the abstract.
Terms and Conditions
As a Poster Presenter for the Africa Health Congress, you understand and explicitly agree that you
- must be available for all Poster-related activities during Africa Health 2022
- are responsible for your own travel and hotel arrangements and assume all related costs
- must notify Africa Health Congress in writing if a conflict of interest related to the content of a presentation develops at any time before the event
- grant permission to Africa Health to take photographs, videos and/or audio recordings and to publish them at Africa Health’s sole discretion in any format
View full T&Cs document here: Link
Please note that your abstract will be selected based on relevance, best practice, case studies and completeness of the required information submitted.
For any further queries, please reach out to us here.