Healthcare in Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa accounts for 11 percent of the world’s population, yet bears 24% of the global disease burden. Sub-Saharan Africa’s improving economic performance means the demand among all sectors of society for health care is poised to increase reaching a market value of $35 billion by 2016, just over 4 years away.
This boom in demand and resultant growth has resulted in massive opportunities for people involved in the healthcare industry. With an estimated 500,000 – 650,000 hospital beds to be built in the next decade, and the resulting demand in hospital equipment, medical devices and pharmaceuticals the healthcare market in the sub-saharan African continent is poised for substantial growth.
Africa Health is the perfect platform for the healthcare industry to showcase their latest innovations, techniques and solutions to the healthcare industry of Africa. Africa Health gives you the unique opportunity to meet every aspect of healthcare, so whether you are looking to showcase your medical devices and products to healthcare practitioners or whether you are looking for new distributors for your devices, products or pharmaceuticals then this is the platform for you.
Africa Health will provide a major 3 day exhibition and congress presenting a diverse range of subject topics relating to healthcare in Africa and will attract thousands of healthcare professionals from the region and around the world to its doors.
VIP and senior healthcare professionals will benefit from unique networking opportunities in a conference or workshop format as well as from high-level, private meetings to discuss issues specifically related to their business.
Informa Exhibitions have been attracting expert speakers and the best medical expertise from around the world to it's events for over 35 years. For Africa Health the latest technology in the form of live surgery link-ups, professional case studies and presentations will provide unlimited access to some of the greatest medical minds, and keep senior healthcare professionals informed of leading diagnosis and pioneering techniques.
- Sub-Saharan Africa accounts for 11% of the world's population
- Sub-Saharan Africa bears 24% of the global disease burden
- Sub-Saharan Africa's healthcare market poised to reach $35 billion by 2016
- An estimated 500,000-650,000 hospital beds to be built in the next decade.
- Expand your business into a new and emerging market
- Active Government support in recent years means a continued focus on healthcare expansion
- A growing market demand for better healthcare as a result of the above
- Increased opportunities for the supply of hospital equipment, instrumentation, machinery and other products and services
- Imports are a major part of the country's trading activity
- Price-sensitive market: Buyers are always looking out for competitively priced goods
- Set yourself apart from your competitors
1. WHO report 2008
2. Africa Business Pages
3. www.reportlinker.com/market analysis